Use above Custom Search to search for relevant topics

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Put back blog title which have been removed: How to

Because of requests, I have previously published Remove blog title: New Blogger. Now a blogger contacted me and said he is in big trouble because he remove the blog title and now wants it back. I have already given reasons why in my opinion the blog title should not be removed. I now have added a note at the top of the post to read the rest of the post plus backup the current template PLUS any Page Element which can be back up before you tamper with the template. See How to backup and edit template PLUS backup Page Element for New Blogger.

Fortunately, the problem is not insolvable. To get back the blog title, sign into blogger.com (Dashboard) where you will see a list of all the blogs you have created. Click LAYOUT for the problem blog. Then in the LAYOUT click the TEMPLATE tab followed by the EDIT HTML sub-tab to get to the template editor. Inside the template editor, look for this line of code:

<div id='header-wrapper'>

It should be near the bottom of the unexpanded template, after the CSS (Cascading Style Sheet). If you have problem finding it, press ctrl+F keys simultaneously. A "Find" box should appear in the task bar at the bottom of the web browser (see screenshot below:

Find box obtained by pressing ctrl+F

and type or copy all or part of whatever you are trying to find. Click "Next" and the template should scroll down to the part where the code is located and the code highlighted. Now paste this code below the code you just located:

<b:widget id='Header1' locked='false' title='Dummies" Guide to Blogger (Header)' type='Header'/>

Preview, and if everything is OK, save the edited template.

2 comments:

Björn said...

That was proberly a easier way then I took. But thanks anyway to your solution, it will come in handy when im helping out my friends! I dont have a good answer to you why i didnt read the entire thing before editing on my own. I can blame it on the fever i had :)

BaabyCake said...

Okey, it wont work for me.. I tried the tutorial on how to remove the name.. And my header got removed.. so i added a new page element.. the blog title again.. and now i tried this tutorial and it wont work! My header is gone and the stupid dot is still there!