Use above Custom Search to search for relevant topics

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Spell check with Google toolbar in Internet Explorer to overcome broken Blogger spell check

I have used the spell check icon in the Firebox Google toolbar to check spelling in Blogger post editor and found it superior compared with could be done with the Blogger built-in spell check in Blogger's post editor, especially before Blogger was replaced with Blogger Beta, then became New Blogger of just plain Blogger (just why don't Blogger introduce versions so we don't have to refer to old classic Blogger and New Blogger as even sometimes calling a blog using the old classic Blogger template in New Blogger is different from the really old version of Blogger as with that, you can have labels, which the really old version of Blogger don't have)

Unfortunately, that don't work anymore with FireFox 2.o anymore and you cannot get FireFox 1.5 anymore. So I have to resort to the Blogger built-in spell check which is not my preferred choice. Now even that doesn’t work anymore. I have tested that with 6 browsers - Internet Explorer, FireFox, Opera, Flock, Netscape Navigator and Avant.

I have resorted to a more tedious Workaround for broken Blogger spell check (click BACK button to get back to this page).

Spell check with Google toolbar in Internet Explorer

Since the Blogger built-in spell check is broken, one day I tried doing spell check with the Internet Explorer Google tool bar by clicking on the spell check icon: (before you start spell check, you will see the word "Check". What you see now is "Stop" which will revert you post editor window to normal mode).

You can see the misspelled word in red, the corrected misspelled word in green, and when you click on a highlighted misspelled word (red in color), you will get a drop-down menu with suggestion of various possible correct spelling, one option to edit there and then, one more to "Ignore all", and this useful option - "Add to dictionary". This will be particularly useful if you frequently use words not in their dictionary, especially if you happen to be in a multilingual country and frequently use non-English words.

spell check with Google toolbar in Internet Explorer

6 comments:

Freerider said...

hmm... interesting... please visit freeride4.blogspot.com thank you

SinnerSynx said...

Nice man!! visit my Dota-Allstars Blog

LĂșcio Ferro said...

Hi there! I'm afraid what i have to say has nothing to do with this post, but since you have such know- how on the matter of blogs and blogging i will do it anyway since I have a problem.
The problem is that i have had a blog for almost three years (http://punhado-dolares.blogspot.com) and some readers have been complaining that the blog page takes ages to open.
I suppose this has to do with the fact that over the years i have posted tons of photos, videos and music and so the blog is «heavy». So, now I created another blog, took with me the layout of the first one and i intend for it to be the «second edition» of my original blog, with the exact same appearance but without all those «heavy» posts that I will leave behind in the «first edition» (obviously i will leave a link in my last post to the new blog and I will have a link in the new one to the old).
Now, the problem is with the side bar content. When i paste the layout of the old into my new blog, all the content of the side bar (links, photos, widgets and miscellaneous stuff)is gone. Of course, I can edit manually, one link at a time, etc, but this is fastidious and slow work. Is there any way to «duplicate» the layout (including the side bar content) to my new blog without all this trouble?
Thanks in advance, excellent work you are doing here.

AMIE COACHING CENTRE said...

Very interesting.I have added the older version Google toolbar for which i suffered this problem.It haven't the facility of spell check option.Coming through your presentation I feel very much impressed.
quran

Yourpcmovies said...

Thanks man you have saved me from a lot of trouble.I was having this problem from past 7 days I was frustrated.
You have really helped me..keep it up.btw my blog is..please do give a visit and give your opinion about it
Funny Google tricks

Perfect Address said...

Thanks a lot for sharing such a nice tip.I really enjoyed your blog.Now I came to know how to custom .com domain.Thanks again.