Use above Custom Search to search for relevant topics

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Comments: Not getting email notifications

You can set your blog comments to notify you by email when a visitor comment in your blog by typing in an email address (recently they have changed that to up to ten email addresses) in the "Comment Notification Email" field:

Blogger comment notification email

You can also set to allow anyone to comment, only users with Google (used to be Blogger) account, only members of the blog. Recently a third choice was added - Registered Users - includes OpenID.

Almost all my blogs have comments set for moderation, so I never set it to send comment notification as I get notification for comment moderation and the comments are there, for me to save if I want. If I add notification for new comments, I will be getting double notifications. So I do not really have real life experience with getting email notifications for comments. But recently, a blogger had complained about not getting notification for comments. I can only refer him to my experience and that if I don't get some email notification for comment moderation, it is no big surprise to hear that other bloggers are also not getting some email notification for comments.

However, you may be interested in reading about my experience and problems with respect to this comment notification business and how I deal with it. At the bottom of the post, you will also see my advice as to what to do if you are not getting some email notification for comments.

Not getting email notification for comment moderation (click BACK button to get back to this page)

Moderate comments via email notification: advantages and problems (click BACK button to get back to this page)

Moderating comments from Dashboard plus problems.

I have been bugging Blogger support for a long time and the problem still exist.

If this is troubling you, I would suggest you set comments for moderation, and if you add an email address to be notified of comments waiting for moderation, but don't get some of them, at least you can see them in the Dashboard.

1 comments:

Child Fund Shop Online said...

Yes, thanks for this useful information!